POG specializes in the manufacturing of custom precision optical components.
We help global customers in demanding industries such as semiconductor, life sciences, machine vision and aerospace. They rely on our many years of manufacturing experience and adherence to the highest quality standards.
Through in-house production, POG implements the most challenging customer requirements and remains by your side from prototype development to serial production.
- Spherical lenses with sophisticated geometries in diameters ranging from 4-300mm
- Complex profile geometries and lens segments
- Achromats, bonded and gated groups
- Substrates for spherical concave mirrors
- Prisms with demanding geometries and highest angular accuracies
- Prism groups cemented or with air gap
- plane-parallel optics, optical windows, protective glasses
- Color glass filters
- Divider cubes and other beam splitter groups
- Antireflective coatings, mirror coatings, beam-splitter coatings
- Broad spectrum of standard coatings
- Conformance to customer-specified coatings
- Custom coating design for your special requirements and/or special materials
Craft and high-tech for flexible small batch production
Our optics manufacturing is optimized for flexible production of a wide range of precision optics with challenging demands. Using state-of-the-art equipment, craftsmanship and a lot of know-how, we manufacture your optics for demanding projects in small development quantities – exactly according to your requirements.
With an extensive portfolio of manufacturing technologies, we ensure the production of optical components entirely in-house. Our highly qualified and experienced employees master demanding manufacturing processes for samples and series production quantities.
That’s why we know exactly what we can promise you – and you can rely on it.
Superior Product Quality
We commit to quality – from quotation and product design to final inspection and shipping.
Certified processes in all steps ensure highest product quality.
Processes and technologies
From the blank to the coated end product.
Flexible technology portfolio for the production of sophisticated blanks with complex geometries from different materials.
Polishing of spherical components, prisms and other plano optics for highest demands.
Laser-assisted CNC centering for highest centering accuracy and flexible edge geometries.
Realization of sophisticated optical coatings on state-of-the-art sputtering and vapor deposition equipment.
Cementing, bonding or splicing of optical components to form high-precision achromats, prism groups, beam splitter groups, etc.
Extensive equipment of measuring and testing technology for monitoring all manufacturing processes and for documenting specified parameters.
Options for your custom product
We have extensive experience in processing a wide range of materials:
all optical glasses
Calcium fluoride, quartz glasses for defined wavelength ranges
Zinc sulfide, germanium, chalcogenide glasses
Band-pass filter, long-pass filter, short-pass filter, neutral filter and others
Zero expansion materials
Zerodur and others
Nextrema and others
A large number of different measurement and test methods are available in-house for testing the parameters of optical components:
- A variety of different measurement and test methods are available in-house for testing the parameters of optical components:
- Interferometric measurement of surface form deviation
- Roughness measurement with white light interferometry
- Optical and tactile coordinate metrology
- Non-contact and tactile thickness measurement
- Angle measurement with precision goniometers
- Centering test
- Transmission and reflection measurements of DUV-NIR
- Climate resistance test
- Wipe resistance testing
- Defect testing of surfaces according to DIN ISO 10110 and MIL
- Determination of imaging quality by wavefront testing and MTF measurement